MEXICAN HIGH-END CUISINE
Eat Like A Local Tour
TASTE THE BEST FOOD IN TOWN AND WALK THROUGH 3 CHIC NEIGHBORHOODS
5 HOURS WALKING CULINARY EXPERIENCE
MONDAYS AND WEDNESDAYS
11:00 – 17:00
PRICE USD$226 AVAILABILITY 6 BOOK NOW IN http://eatlikealocal.com.mx/tours/mexican-high-end...
WHAT TO EXPECT
The culinary blossoming of the city has given way to the creation of gourmet markets that are an obligatory stop when visiting Mexico City. Enter this chic world of fashion and try the delights that Mexico has to offer, meet Mexican cheese expert curators who travel to small towns to find the best micro cheesemakers producers, try the traditional pozole, which is a broth cooked with white hominy, spices and meat, seasoned with radish, oregano and lettuce and let yourself be amazed by an internationally renowned Mexican chocolatier, tasing amazing chocolate flavors like café de olla, mezcal with orange, and lime with chia, here you will also be able to try the tascalate, a typical chocolate drink with achiote (annatto), corn, vanilla and sugar.
The tour continues in an exclusive boutique dedicated to promote small producers of Mexican wines, here, we will have a private tasting to get into the world of Mexican wines with an expert sommelier from the Valle de Guadalupe. Walking the streets of the Colonia Roma, we reach the Colonia Juárez, a neighborhood that has been reborn in the last year harboring new culinary proposals. Here we will visit one of the up-and-coming chefs of Mexican cuisine, famous for his innovative techniques that elevate Mexican ingredients to a higher level, creating unique flavors. We will try either a meat or fish dish accompanied by mescal: agave traditional drink from Oaxacan origin.
Bread is typical of Mexico, on this tour you will sample one that comes from one of the best chefs in Latin America, immerse yourself in this mixture of guava and cheese that delights everyone who tries it. At this point we will give you a bag of gourmet products from Tlapalería Gastronomica, a store which specializes in finding the best artisan producers, and reaching a high level of curatorship in products such as jams, honeys, preserves and Mexican sweets, leaving you ready for the next step.
In order to get a full vision of the chilanga cuisine, it is necessary to try out the cuisine of its greatest chefs. The tour will take us to Polanco, where you can choose from Pujol, Biko, Quintonil, Kaah Siis, Dulce Patria o Anatol to finish your dining experience with a 2 or 3 course menu, depending on the restaurant chosen, accompanied by a Mexican artisanal beer. The tour comes to an end here, and once we have explained the history of the restaurant, chef, and dishes that you will sample, we’ll leave you to the experts at the service of the restaurant, where you can end your evening once you’re done with the menu included in this experience or have something else on your own account if you wish.
In this tour you will have the opportunity to get to know the City, learning the incredible relationship between Mexico’s history of its food and people, hear stories about distinguished citizens and find out the origin and preparation of each of the dishes you will eat. The cuisine of Mexico is so important that it has been named by UNESCO as an “Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity”. Learning the tastes, scents and ingredients of Mexican cuisine is crucial to the understanding this wonderful country.
- Discover 3 important México city neighborhoods: Roma, Juárez, Polanco
- Eat at gourmet markets, cutting edge restaurants and international awarded places.
- Enjoy amazing chocolates from the best chocolatier in town
- Discover mexican cheeses from expert cheese curators
- Enjoy a private mexican wine tasting from small producers
- Be surprised by world-class chefs whom have revolutionized Mexican cuisine.
- Taste Mezcal, beer and tascalate a traditional chocolate beverage
- Take home a goodie bag with gourmet mexican products such as jams, honey and candies
Your ticket entitles you to the following:
- All food and drink tastings along the tour (more than 15)
- A friendly, knowledgable and energetic English-speaking tour guide
- Aguas frescas, one beer and one mezcal
- Private wine tasting
- A goodie bag with gourmet products
- Loads of culinary, cultural and historic anecdotes
- An insider’s view of Mexico City
- Maximum group size of 6 people
- 5 hours of eating, walking and enjoying Mexico
What To Bring & Wear
- An empty stomach and a very big appetite!
- Comfortable shoes, and smart casual clothing we are eating at exclusive places.
- Cancellations are not refundable - Tours run rain or shine.